Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Cosmopolitan by Donna Stonecipher

The Cosmopolitan The Cosmopolitan by Donna Stonecipher


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Maybe I should have liked this more. It was tight for sure. Tight and cool and it broke when it needed to break and it got wispy and floated and then it tightened up again and delivered. Delivery is big here. Maybe I'm not being fair because I haven't read this type of poetry in a while. The text felt so separate. It was it's own little engine and I was merely the reader. I didn't ride on the poems and or get inside them. I kept the proper distance and did what I was supposed to do. I guess what I'm saying is: I could have been reading an interesting, well-written article but instead I read these poems.

View all my reviews >>
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment