Monday, December 21, 2009

The Voice That Was in Travel: Stories by Diane Glancy

The Voice That Was in Travel: Stories (American Indian Literature and Critical Studies Series) The Voice That Was in Travel: Stories by Diane Glancy


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I love Diane Glancy. I just do. I love the one that basically lists different types of fireworks. I love the one about the woman in her car (I thought of Barb driving to Detroit or New York). I love the one about what the fuck Mary is doing up there. I love the one about sewing a sheep suit. I really love that one. I love the one about shooting a woman with an arrow because it is oblique. I love Italy and Australia and I have actually looked up flights. I love how deadbeat it is and crowded and I know about postcards and thinking and re-thinking very vague statements about one's life. And wearing masks backwards. And seeing for the sake of seeing the brittle bones of one's own story. And relief when they almost collapse. Utter relief.

View all my reviews >>
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment